Tuesday 8 March 2011

Where does the time go?

Well I have been a busy girl; reading an absolutely fabulous book which believe it or not, doesn't belong on my reading list for 2011; crocheting and getting very excited at the prospect of introducing a new pattern in my camping blanket (it's the little things in life that get me excited, let me tell you!) ; designing, thinking, deliberating about a little project I call 'My Secret Mission'. I find I get so wrapped up with the decision making process with any new creative project that I sometimes even forget to feed myself! But I can report that as I am 99% certain about all the intricacies of my secret mission I feel much better about everything and am ready to re-join the world; eager to get it started.

I have a very long list of books that I set myself to read this year but could not refuse the opportunity to borrow a friend's book  ~ despite its mammoth size. I can gleefully report that I was not disappointed. The style of writing initially drove me potty but by the end I absolutely loved the way she weaved the story of  Thomas Cromwell with delicious descriptions of Tudor life - it made me feel like I was a spectator watching his life unfold over his shoulder. Absolutely brilliant book - can see why she won the Man Booker Prize.  


My camping blanket is growing but ever so slowly ~ perhaps that is due to the 300 chain stitches I started with ~ I wanted it big but I am beginning to wonder if it's too BIG. Can a blanket be too big??????
I love love the colours....... oooh I can't wait for summer!

Today is a beautiful spring day and it really does make me glad to be alive! The choir of birds; the milky sky; the barely warm sunshine; shooting and flowering bulbs; the emerald green grass, all make my heart sing 'Spring is here'. It has been a loooooong winter and finally the hope of summer has arrived. 

The view from our garden this morning.
I have run out of time, next time I will spill the beans on my Secret Mission.......

No comments:

Post a Comment