Friday 15 July 2011

Books to be deleted off my list....

  1. Little Women -  finally got to the end of this book! Somehow it just wasn't the same as the one I read when I was a child. As an adult I found it so 'preachy'! I suppose that it is a product of it's time! I quite liked the 'make do and mend' attitude it had! It certainly has made me think a little differently about the way we live our lives today.
  2. All well that ends well - I love Shakespeare! This play reminded me of Measure for Measure and Cymbeline with it's portrayal of a female hero - if we can call Helen that! It was very interesting.
  3. Roll of Thunder, Hear my Cry -  this is a book that I was surprised to enjoy again. I read it in school and was pleasantly surprised to discover it kept me hooked! When I was a child the theme of financial struggle surpassed my understanding but as an adult it was more acute. I think the author portrayed very realistic main characters (who were children) as well as adult characters. One of my favourite books!
I am undecided about my next book. A grown up book or another children's book
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......

Till next time~:~

1 comment: