Saturday 22 September 2012

Phew weeee!

Well this week has been MANIC! I am so so glad it is now the weekend! I am even relishing the thought of cleaning the house!

I have decided to wrap myself in Patrick Ness's literary genius once again and am reading his debut novel, The Crash at Hennington.  It is a familiar read as themes like sexual politics, power and greed which were explored in his later trilogy are also investigated here, but in an entirely different style.

I am also investigating one of my favourite poets and era's, the Romantic Samuel Taylor Coleridge. I have borrowed from the trusty library, Richard Holmes (award winning) biographies of him. When I have a large amount of time, the time that is free to choose what I want to do rather than have something or someone dictate what I do with it, I will lose myself quite happily in that world. I may even report back my findings or musings.....
Tintern Abbey, one of Wordsworth's famous poems

But until that moment I really do need to blitz the house, make coffee and help daughter with homework! That looks like my Saturday wrapped up!

Hope yours is as productive and relaxing in equal measure!
Till the next time,

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to a time when I can read more in depth books. At the moment it is light reading only.

    No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency books, can't get lighter than that!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete