Sunday 2 June 2013

A day in Hay...

What a day we had in Hay,yesterday! I can now scratch off one of my lifetime goals. I had the pleasure of meeting one of my favourite authors, Patrick Ness! He was as charming and delightful as I was expecting him to be! His talk was very entertaining and engaging, it was so lovely to see so many young people asking him such thoughtful questions about his work. He also read a snippet of his upcoming book and oh my, he is a master of hooking the reader on the first page! I personally can't wait for September.

I grabbed the opportunity to meet him and have him sign my two first edition books. Here are the photos my daughter took. I can only apologise for the facial expression! What a lovely day we had in Hay! Thank-you, Mr Ness!



1 comment:

  1. That sounds a fantastic day! Wow!

    I have heard of Patrick Ness but I teach younger children. How wonderful to have met him.

    I really should attend a book festival one day. In fact they had Rose Tremain and Joanne Harris at Cambridge and I didn't make the effort to go, I really should have.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete