Sunday 6 February 2011

Quilt top update : finished.

Just before Christmas I had this insatiable urge to make a quick simple throw for our bedroom. So I (very uncharacteristically) ordered myself an early Christmas present in the form of some Moda pre-cut packs which I cut up into 5" blocks.

I slowly pieced them together; row by row and (again) quite uncharacteristically I pressed the seams open and made sure that when I stitched the rows together that they all laid flat.
I  was pleased with my quilt top and the wait for the wadding to arrive was torture. But it eventually did arrive and I motored on with the quilting and binding until I was finally finished my simple patchwork quilt which is now going to adorn the bottom of my bed. Will post up a finished photo soon.

It seems that this was a weekend for finishing things. Not only did I complete my quilt (only a wash and airing needed to really complete the task) but I also finished one of my books on my list: Swallows and Amazons. This was a great read for me as it has made me look forward to our summer of camping. I am not what my husband would call a 'natural' camper but if it doesn't rain I am generally an okay camper but if it is miserable and I am cold then I quickly become a very unhappy camper! We have been toying with the idea of a caravan - but can't quite commit ~ not yet. So to make my camping experience more cosy and warm I have two new projects which are specifically for our summer camping trips and my head is all of a spin of what to start first: the crochet blanket or the old, new quilt.........

Bobby just making sure it was soft enough.




Next time: My new WIP's 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment