Wednesday 14 September 2011

Working (at home) Wednesday....

Wednesdays are the only full days I have in the week at home. Today I plan to
  • Wash the windows
  • Bake a cake
  • Sew a block for my surprise quilt
  • Plan for Christmas
  • Read some of Northern Lights
  • Cook Pasties
My son and I read an interesting article in the newspaper about a father and daughter who read together every night before bed for nine years. It started as a challenge for a hundred days and when they achieved it they set it for a thousand and so it went on and on until she was 18. I thought this was a fabulous idea and so we decided to do the 100 day challenge and see how we get on. (My son did object to being 18 and having me still read to him every night!!)
We are reading together Predator's Gold which we both thought has hit a 'boring' bit but we are soldiering on and now it is getting better because we are making the time to read it, and some nights we keep going even though its past normal bedtime hours. I wonder how many books we will get through in 100 nights???
I will keep a list ~ one of my favourite things to do ~ making lists!

September has become my New Year. I think it is because I work with the academic year rather than the Calendar year. When I was in school this was the same - we started our new school year in January. In England September is the start of the new school year and it has become the month in which I encourage the children to set their goals for the year ahead and which I now do for myself too. (After years of making January Resolutions, which I never really keep) I have made lists of things I want to achieve, places I want to go and books I want to read. I have made lots and lots of lists of the things I want to make too. I have also made a 'bucket list'. When I have some time I may update them on here. It is so rewarding to see a list full of things that have been crossed off.
Something that is waiting to be crossed off:

My blanket nearly oh so nearly finished!  Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Your blanket looks beautiful!

    Mr Sft and I have read to each other before...Treasure Island and Larkrise to Candelford we really enjoyed.

    Must start again on the cold winter nights. Cosy up in front of the wood burner and read.

    Thanks for the inspiration and I'm looking forward to reading about how you get on.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete