Monday 19 September 2011

A quick update....

I have now read Northern Lights (again). I can't really say I enjoyed it any more than the last time I read it but I had forgotten how heartbreakingly sad it was! I also read it the second time with possibly a little bit more attention as it is a set book for my new course I have just started and I have to report I don't know what all the fuss is about. On one level it is a thrilling adventure tale and on the other level is a more sinister theme of competing interests between religion and science. But I still don't really see the big threat it supposedly poses to children - perhaps after I have read the other two books I may have a different opinion! So that brings me on to my next book: The Subtle Knife, which again I have read before but have forgotten so much of. So I am going to read all of 'His Dark Materials' one after the other and will report back my official opinion on all of them!

This is officially on my list of places to go and things to see!!!
Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the book recommendation Vicky.

    Phillip Pullman was writing this in Oxford when I was there.

    Would love to see the Northern Lights one day too.

    Sftx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SFT, Oxford is also on my list of places to visit. Perhaps when I have read all the books I'll make a day trip!!

    ReplyDelete