Tuesday 20 November 2012

November and New Home

We did it! We moved and although it was very stressful it's all forgotten now. We are all snuggled up in our box filled sitting room watching a film. Getting some rest and relaxation time together.

There are numerous boxes still littered around that need unpacking but we need to find some space for them first. It is going to be a looooong process! Things aren't looking so good on my November goals as I have slipped on the first hurdle! In all the hullaballoo of moving I didn't stick to my meal plans and subsequently spent a small fortune on our food bills. But this will be easily rectified by some smart planning.

I have enjoyed getting into bed each night wallowing in the familiarity of my bed covers even if it is in an alien room! I have also enjoyed sharing a little bit of Coleridge's world and feel so much more drawn to his poetry now that I know more of his personal circumstances. His link with the West country also draws me in and soon I am planning a little trip to walk (quite literally) in his footsteps! I did have this neat idea of tracing his travels from his birth place in Ottery St Mary to his homes in Clevedon as well as Nether Stowey and then hopefully in the summer taking a little camping trip to the Lakes and investigating the Wordsworth connection too. But alas, I found out that in between the West and the Lakes, Coleridge took an educational trip to Germany. I got a little excited at this prospect but I feel my family may fear I am taking this idea a little too far. Oh well I can leave Germany out for now. I am thinking of organising a fat busting post Christmas walk over the quantock hills with a handful of friends. I haven't decided whether to tell them about my current infatuation with the Romantic poet; I wonder if they would understand??

Until the next time, where I am forced to think about Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment