Sunday 3 March 2013

March goals

In a near desperate attempt to keep focused and stay on track with some of our bigger goals for this year, I have decided to share them here on this blog. My thinking is that as I am blogging more regularly I can't get too distracted and forget about them if they are listed and progress is charted here. Well, that's the plan anyway, we will see whether that works!

I find that I have a regular pattern of making a list of things I would like to achieve, normally in January or September, ( to coincide with the school year) but six months later, I have more often than not forgotten about them and get quite frustrated when the next six months roll around because I haven't achieved any of them! So if I cut down on the number of goals and just focus on the most pressing and important ones, hopefully I can break the cycle of discontent!

Right, on to the important business. This year as we have an expensive building project taking place which we will have to borrow more money to do. I'd really like to make a big dent in a £8000 loan we currently have outstanding so I would like to reduce our loan by £2000. We are also trying to save as much money as possible to make up for the loss of my income for next year. But I don't want us to go without any luxuries either, I would like us to pursue the Lakes and Iceland this year as well as a few camping trips in the summer. I think we are going to need some relaxation time too, with all the work going on! That's the financial stuff, more of the other stuff next time!

Till then,

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I've just popped over from Sft's blog and have enjoyed reading a few of your posts. Your sofa will look amazing. What a project. I also noticed a granny blanket (I'm rather partial to a granny!) in one of your pics. All the best with your loan busting.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I am really interested to see how you get on.

    I am reading, even if I don't leave a comment all the time.

    Just to let you know you're featured in SEALED POT SUNDAY WEEK 14!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete