Monday 31 October 2011

October's last day

I do not look forward to this one day a year as it becomes a battle ground of intentions in my family. I want to switch the lights off and hide behind the sofa and my children want to terrorise the neighbours. Striking a balance is very difficult, hopefully this year I may have cracked it! Allowing the youngest child only 30 minutes to scare and beg and then heading off to a friends for sausages cooked over a fire with marshmallows to finish. How could they resist? Only time will tell.....

On the book front, I have finished The Amber Spyglass and am glad that I finally have completed the trilogy. I was a teeny bit disappointed about the ending but overall did enjoy the adventures the children went on and some parts were utterly heartbreaking which make me ache when I think about it! I am now re-reading Little Women again - so that I can write another essay!


I have working like mad on my daughter's quilt and didn't finish it in time for her birthday but have made substantial progress and she is delighted with it. Now I can finish it at a more leisurely pace and she can have some input too. I can't believe she is 13! Time sure flies by when you are having fun......


Until the next time,

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update Vicky.

    Congrats on finishing the book and making progress with that beautiful quilt.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete