Sunday 22 January 2012

My blanket - finished!

I am so excited! I have just finished sewing the loose ends in and feel triumphant as it is finished well within the time I gave myself. I knew that once I made the decision to get it finished I would do it! Well this one has been a long journey....

From simple beginnings to

a germ of an idea then into a

a fully fledged blanket!

 But then another germ of an idea forms: what if I could back the blanket and combine my two favourite things in the world TOGETHER.....
A quilt backed blanket or a blanket backed quilt???? At this stage wasn't sure I could pull it off ....


But I did! There are bits that I could improve but that will probably be for the next time! I have loved creating this little blanket that is going to adorn one of the rather shabby chairs in our camper. It was created on a whim and I love it!
Isn't it funny the things you can achieve by just writing them down!
Till the next time....

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Vicky, that is just stunning! You must feel such a sense of achievement.

    Wow!

    How's the sealed pot challenge going?

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi SFT, yes I am giddy with pleasure at finally finishing this blanket. Our sealed pot is getting very heavy already - mind you I have been putting in pounds every week for rewarding myself for not buying wine!

    ReplyDelete