Monday 2 January 2012

New Year ~ Old Resolutions


This is one of New Year's rituals, clambering up the steep slopes of the Tor to marvel at the glorious views it affords over the Somerset levels and without fail this is what we did yesterday, only that on our slow gentle descent we got rained upon which did put a bit of a dampener on things. It made us realise how lucky we have been over the years since we couldn't remember the last time we got wet on this ritualistic day. (Suffice to say the above photo is an old one! - forgot my camera this year!)

Every year I face the battle with the NYR's and mostly lose. But last year I set myself some different challenges ~ not all were successful but there was a lot less guilt felt this year as I mused over my list of things I did do. I was pleasantly surprised to see my book list was nearly depleted with only a few outstanding ~ I will transfer to my 2012 list as well as add some more that I really want to read. I didn't do as much arty creative stuff I wanted to do but then we did buy a camper last year which would have been criminal not to use! So a lot of our holiday time was spent luckily on holiday! We gave the children very happy memories as they both want to return to the same place this year! We have been firm with the helping around the house - although they do grumble a bit!

I have been inspired by a few fellow bloggers who manage to control their finances so that they can enjoy the luxuries in life - which are not always the material things we are want to possess. I have learned an incredible amount about 'life' through peeking into other people's blogs. It has made me re-evaluate some things in my own life. So this year I am going to set some financial  and personal goals which will enhance our experience of 2012 as a family.

One of my most important resolutions is to blog more! There is a world to be shared and I am excited for all the things 2012 will bring. I have decided to forgo all alcohol this year ( which my family did literally laugh at!) but I am going to prove them wrong! It is a challenge but I think that it is like killing two birds with one stone. Not only will my body be thankful but so will my pocket. It wasn't inspired by the thought of money initially. I wondered what it would be like to be tee-total and then when I did a quick recce I figured that it would also save us quite a bit too. So every time I would've had a glass of wine or pint of cider I can put a couple of pounds in my sealed pot which will give us a boost next Christmas!

I am going to make a list of all the things I would like to achieve this year and hopefully will be able to cross them all off this time. I am going to set myself some more challenges too.
Till the next time, Toodles.


1 comment:

  1. Great idea to pay yourself for the drinks. Great boost for the sealed pot.

    I'm starting my healthy eating challenge on Thursday and I will pay myself for that too.

    DELIGHTED TO HEAR YOU'LL BE BLOGGING MORE VICKY!

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete