Sunday 10 February 2013

Day forty one ~ Spring in my step.

I have been very busy over the last few days. The end of term culminated in a trip to see the S.S. Great Britain, with a class full of little ones who literally gasped when they saw the majestic, magnificent and massive ship. It was lovely to see their little faces light up when they could spot the features that they have been learning about. Oh I love my work. This week I have noticed the mornings getting lighter earlier and honestly quite breathtakingly beautiful. I have also noticed the green shoots making a brave effort to force the winter away. The colour of spring is slowly starting to bud all around me, but unfortunately not in my little patch of garden, which makes me quite sad. But I know that next year will be different with a little bit of luck the majority of the house will be done and then I can focus on the garden in the autumn, filling it with spring bulbs.
This week I have a poorly girl at home and an energy filled boy who, like the dog will need some rigorous exercise! I have my Big Project to start and hopefully finish. I have sliced up the fabric into 5" strips and tomorrow I plan to stitch and slice, and stitch and slice......
Till tomorrow, hopefully with a progress update...

No comments:

Post a Comment