Saturday 2 February 2013

Day thirty three -- thankful for the kindness of strangers!

I took my little sister and little daughter shopping for their shoes that they will wear on the Big wedding day that is drawing ever so closer! We trundled the forty odd miles to the nearest decent city to traipse the shops flat for shoes and my dress. We were successful on all accounts even finding some calico for my Big Sofa Project too. We stopped off at a supermarket to buy a spot of lunch and when returning to the car I noticed that my rear tyre was nearly flat! After a phone call home, husband informed me I need to put some air into the tyres! After a lot of faffing around, I asked someone to help. He very kindly suggested to help me change the wheel. So in a supermarket petrol garage a complete stranger helped me to get home safely, for which I am ever so grateful.

Thank goodness for some people's kindness and generosity! It was an act which my stranger friend felt he passed on as he told me that, just last week, someone kindly helped his daughter change her flat tyre. So in the coming days I shall too seek an opportunity to pass on that act of kindness, which probably will not be an offer to change a tyre of any sort! I am positively useless with that! Obviously!

Well till the next time,

No comments:

Post a Comment