Tuesday 12 February 2013

Day forty three, progress and all hands on deck!

Well, it was a rather productive day, despite a lot of coffee and cakes and lunches and tea and biscuits that were consumed. We began with the long task of sewing strips together to cut down into double squares and then adding longer strips and then cutting down again to make three squares in a row. That was quite laborious but once I had my mum and sister on board they took off. Then my mum number two arrived and we tackled the big slip cover and despite the little progress yesterday, today we can reveal a sneak peek into what it will look like.....

It took us a while to get those tricksy arms right but we got there in the end! At one point we had three sewing machines going, a lot of natter but also a lot of hard work! I can't express my heartfelt thanks to my lovely mums and sister who took time out of their busy lives to help with my big, mad, project! They are superstars!

Tonight I might try to a bit of prep work in anticipation for tomorrow!

Till then,









1 comment:

  1. Hi Vicky - This is looking fab - can't wait to see the finished product! Also you won my giveaway! - so if you would like to let me have your address I will pop it in the post to you. Nikki x

    ReplyDelete