Sunday 28 April 2013

Another sewing project

Despite the busy weekend: a house full of excitable young teenage boys pumped up to see Iron man 3 and overdosed on sugar, you get my drift!
I did manage to assemble my prototype from another fellow blogger, a very talented seamstress, Ayumi's tutorial which is here, http://ayumills.blogspot.co.uk/2010/08/tutorial-lunch-bag.html
As always I made some mistakes and misread the instructions but my scrap bag didn't turn out too bad. In fact I will be using this one which I call my scrap bag because I made it out do some off cuts from the baby quilt, until I make the real one. I would like to use some oilcloth for the lining in case of spills. I tried to insert some panels with a zip rather than the drawstring bag in the pattern, but this will need some tinkering with! Overall, I am a happy lady!
Thanks to Ayumi's for a fabulous tutorial!






1 comment: