Thursday 11 April 2013

Progress made today

I did feel a little bereft that my big project came to an end and by being completely inspired by the fabulous BBC Program, The Great British Sewing Bee, I decided to try my hand at free motion quilting. I have a work colleague that is currently on maternity leave and I wanted to make her a little something for her baby. So, whilst out galavanting buying books etc, I also bought a tiny charm pack which I was delighted to discover was by a very inspirational blogger I have been following for a couple of years now. Aneela from Comfortstitching is a very talented lady and I thought her posy charm pack would go delightfully with some of my stash fabric. I have spent very little time planning, instead I just dived in and started stitching the squares together before adding in some of my fabric. I initially wanted to have the whole quilt with little squares but soon discovered that the Posy squares wouldn't stretch as far as I wanted. So the design became a Nine patch style, which I really like. So tomorrow I am planning to sew the borders and am thinking about putting in a little bit of piping but who knows what I will decide tomorrow.... I am also hoping to successfully manage to free motion quilt the whole thing, ah fingers crossed for me please. Till the next time,

1 comment: