Monday 8 April 2013

Book shopping and a big project update!

Eeeeeeeee, I am quite excited today as I have bought a new book and a used one for my collection!
I try to curb my book collecting addiction but when it comes to my favourite author, a Mr Patrick Ness, I just can't resist! I read the first chapter of his new adult book a couple of weeks ago and have watched his various TV interviews and decided on a whim, to purchase it.

The Crane Wife looks like an intriguing read and I can't wait to dive into the story written for adults. I also picked up a copy of Bill Bryson's 'Shakespeare' in a charity shop (less guilt there!) as I have been really enjoying his book, Home!

Unfortunately, I wish I had the time to lounge on the sofa, (mmmmm,) to read! I have two more cushion covers to make before I can do that! They are coming along, albeit slowly. I can't wait for it to be finished, but I do have another little quilting project in the pipeline. Today was a good day, even if it was a bit of an unexpected spend day!

Off to do some sewing,






2 comments:

  1. Yes, you are and the sofa looks brilliant!

    Enjoy your books Vicky!

    I love Bill Bryson..picked up his African Diary, which was good and Notes from a Big Country recently which I haven't read yet. Always look out for him in the Charity shops.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I am trying to get it done now as the book is sitting on the table in front of me, spurring me on!
      Thanks for the recommendations, I will definitely be on the look out for those

      Delete