Thursday 31 January 2013

Day thirty one, a novel, a poem and a new book!

Since I have started working more hours, I have found that I desperately miss the long hours of reading that I used to be able to do without bating an eyelid. I have tried to continue with my interests but because of the lack of available time, I am unable to really get into anything at the moment!
However, I did pick up a children's book: 'I, Coriander', which has caught my eye a few times in the library. I took an unforgivable amount of time to read it but also really enjoyed it. The descriptive language used was poetry like. My favourite sentence was this: The big black dog of night with its belly full of stars had already rolled over on the day.
It was a story set in the time of the Republic, the decapitation of Charles and Oliver Cromwell's tyrannical rule. However this is also a fairy story, with a difference. It was a very unique story for me, one which I haven't come across before which had me captivated and enthralled.

I came across maybe a part of a poem recently,

January brings the snow,
Makes our feet and fingers glow.
(Sara Coleridge) which also featured in one of the songs that the children sing at their assembly. I thought it quite funny how in the space of a few hours I came across the same part of a poem I had never heard before!

I am going to try and read a book in February, but am undecided as yet! Maybe a trip to the library will help me decide! Or I could just plump for The Hobbit and share it with my son who is captivated with it at the moment!

Only time will tell,
Till the next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment